-
March 19th, 2006, 06:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone here have any sentimental problems selling their dolls? I'm probably going to sell my Kirsten that I've had for, my goodness, probably 15 years (I feel so old!). I never played with her all that much, but I would like the money, and after I read some of these posts, I definitely feel like she should go to a home where she'll be appreciated. Should I just assume that anyone who cares enough to shell out the money on eBay for her will love her? (I know I'd probably get more money if I sold her and her clothes and accessories and books separately, but I don't want the set to be separated either. [img]frown.gif[/img] Is that normal?)
This isn't an ad or a plug, but do any of you get sentimental when/if you ever sell anything (or should I say anyone?). I don't really care if she goes to a little girl or a grown-up, as long as it's someone who will love her in her own way.
-
March 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi there, welcome to the board! My name's Kim [img]smile.gif[/img] Lately I've been having the same problem you have. I have a Pm Josefina and a Kaya plus a few of each of their outfits that I've been wanting to sell, but I just can't! It's not that I need the money very badly, but I never play with them and would really like them to go to someone that will love them and give them the right ammount of attention. I've been meaning to offer them on the board but they were both gifts from my mom and I know she would be kind of annoyed if I sold them [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] Although none of that really relates to your question about sentimentality.
Anywho I know where you're coming from with having a hard time selling her, good luck with that and welcome to the board again!
-
March 19th, 2006, 07:48 PM
#3
Ashley1972
Guest
-
March 19th, 2006, 07:49 PM
#4
Inactive Member
welcome to the board, we love new members especially if they have pictures of their dolls.
-
March 19th, 2006, 07:59 PM
#5
MissCurlyCat
Guest
I can't even think about selling my dolls. If I reeeeeally had too I guess I could....But I wouldn't break them up.If it was an absolute emergency I guess I would sell my ALL of my dolls, clothing, and accessories TOGETHER.
I'm WAY too sentimental. I wouldn't ever want to break my girls up.
Just my not so humble oppinion.
I just don't know what I would do without any of my girls.
Don't sell Kirsten if she was your first doll. I think first dolls are way too special.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 19, 2006 04:07 PM: Message edited by: MissCurlyCat ]</font>
-
March 19th, 2006, 08:08 PM
#6
I*love*dolls
Guest
I know how you feel! I sold a Molly a while back (she looked exactly like my Samantha almost) and I was nervous selling her on ebay. I was able to find a girl I knew who's mother bought her.
Sorry though, I already have Kirsten. She is actually in my lap right now! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
March 19th, 2006, 08:20 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Please know that selling the doll on ebay will not necessarily guarantee her a home with a little girl who will love her. Many people buy on ebay with the idea of splitting up "lots" and reselling the items to make money.
In fact, I was hurt when I had to sell some dolls here on HB last fall due to finances. While I totally do agree that the new buyers do have every right to "do what they want with the doll," I was hoping by selling them here on HB that they would find good homes with someone who would love them as much as I did. It hurt when one of the dolls ended up on ebay within a couple of weeks of my selling her to another board member. It was like I had put one of my own up on the auction block. I learned my lesson--don't be emotionally attached to anything you decide to sell.
Linda
-
March 19th, 2006, 08:35 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice everyone! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I don't technically need the money (though I could use the space), so maybe selling her isn't the best idea, at least not right now. (She's definitely not a tan body doll so I guess the odds of her getting bought for resale are pretty high anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
(BTW, I don't have children and can't see it happening...may eventually have a little niece but since my brother isn't even married yet, I wouldn't want to keep Kirsten on the off chance that I MAY be able to find a worthy girl for her. And besides, sad to say, the visions of dollar signs have been appealing to me...)
I guess I'll finally get her hair all untangled and nice and put her into another dress (she's been in her summer dress as long as I can remember, since that's the only one where her hair is supposed to be down [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and then see how I feel. It could be that if I get her in condition where I can put her hair up and feel I can actually change her clothes again, I may want to keep her.
(The worst part is that looking into all these dolls again makes me want a couple mini-dolls; they're so cute and I love the tiny size; I've always liked 6-7 inch toys. Agh!!!)
EDIT: Oh, and even if I ultimately decide to sell, I'll definitely post pictures, once I get her hair (oh, yeah, and probably my house ;P ) in shape. If nothing else, I'd definitely like to have those pictures to remember her by...if it comes down to that.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 19, 2006 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>
-
March 19th, 2006, 08:45 PM
#9
13Pumpkins
Guest
ALWAYS put great thoughts into things when you sell them, because once their gone, their not coming back!
Just hang out on the board for awhile, and it'll help you get things sorted out. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
Besides, there's a lot of adult collectors on here with no thoughts in their head of it NOT being theirs, or just fo a little girl someday.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 19th, 2006, 09:14 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Hi, and welcome to the board.
Up in the stickys is an album about hair restoration, cleaning, downey and brushing. It's really good and by doing this you might bond with your Kirsten and have some really needed dollie time. Take pictures of before and after and post them. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks